Tuesday, August 25, 2009

The First Few Days

My graduate life has hit the floor running at full speed!

So far each of my prof's have taught in very different styles. From yelling and dancing around the room while demanding debate and conversation to the traditional stand in the front and lecture. Each one bringing their own special technique and skill set to the table to challenge every aspect of my being. I'm excited, nervous, stressed, and feel like my head is spinning as I try to process all that is going on.

I'm quickly learning that my master's education is not just the information in the books, on the boards and in my tests. But almost more importantly the experiences that I have as a student trying to make my way.

One class seems to focus on "Thriving on Chaos". The Prof does a very good job of making life so far, very chaotic while dealing with his class. Making everyone feel like they are struggling to keep their heads above water. And it's only day 1 of his class.

I have met 3 of my professors so far: The Chaotic, The Tough Love, and the Tangent Man.

I meet my 4th professor Thurs evening, the man who founded the program. Bringing it from a small unfinished closet to the nationally recognized power house that it is today. I am very much looking forward to what exciting and interesting personality and skill set he will bring to the table.

I must stop writing now. There is a stack of assignments to get cracking on and I CAN NOT put them off.

C'est la Vie!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments appropriate.....

Thank you,
Matt