Sunday, August 23, 2009

Orientation


Well, Today I went to the mandatory CICS orientation meeting at the Alumni Center on campus. It was basically a meet and greet for students, professors and staff that are apart of the program as well as a "what to expect" kind of thing.

Basically what I found out is what I have already heard from numerous people about that program. I am assuming most of the readers are family members and I have already told you about the program but just in case I will inform/remind you of what I am going to be doing for the next 11 months.

Here is a good video that one of the alumni made as their 2 minute "elevator" speech about the program.
as for as how life as a student is in the CICS program it is a non-stop, kickin' your ass, no sleep, finish your shit 11 months that people keep saying that they feel bad for me and think I am crazy when they find out I am going into this. I'm not sure what else to tell you so you will have to stay tuned as I progress through the program and hopefully still find time to update this blog.

I am excited with a little dash of nervous about the program. I know what I have to do to survive it, I just need to remember those things and be good about keeping them up.

Wish me luck because tomorrow it all starts. 8a I start my semi-new job and then at 3:30p I have my first class! I'll let you know how it all goes down!


P.S. One of the other students (part time and one of the ones who said they feel bad for me) and fiance (also a part time student) is an English Mastiff breeder!! They brought one of their puppies to the social event after the actual meeting. His name is Brutus and he is only 10 Months old and already 170 lbs! So much fun!









1 comment:

  1. Did someone post an inappropriate comment? hahahahahahhaha. I'm going to...

    Poop.

    ReplyDelete

Please keep your comments appropriate.....

Thank you,
Matt